Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cancer in check!

I came home Sunday, Kara brought Mom down after church and I waited so they could visit 1 1/2 hours.  Mom brought Snicker Doodles and Choc. Chip cookies for either Barb or caregivers could enjoy them.  It is a long 6 hour trip for her to come to visit such a short time but she is glad we are taking her.
I was going to go back Thurs to Mon but  My daughter's son had had the stomach bug starting last Thurs. but had gone back to school  on Mon. He was sent home because he supposedly had "D" and wasn't to return till clear 24 hours.  Both parents had business out of town, she  flew to  New York on Monday, and husband flew out to Pennsylvania Tues. morning. So I had Bryn Mon. & Dayse on Tues. He was fine until 3 and then he start complaining about his tummy to the point of hollering.  I ended up taking him to the hospital (since Dr. felt it might be an appendicitis) We were there until 9, the other grandmother came too.  (I didn't want my daughter to come home to a sick boy and it would be harder to take him late at night and have another child to keep up with) Grandpa took Bryn home, since we seem to going to be there a while.  The Dr. put an IV in and gave Dayse some ZoFran for nausea and a bag of fluid.  After X-rays, blood draw, and urine sample, they said it didn't look like appendix, but to keep him on liquids for 2 days and he could go back to school Fri.  They seem to think he had just not gotten over the stomach bug yet.   Sooooo all that to say I feel like I need to stay home for 48 hours to make sure I am not caring a bug to Barb.

On Monday They gave her platelets so that they could do another bone marrow biopsy.  When platelets are to low (hers @10) There is a danger of bleeding. With her stomach hurting so bad she just wasn't sure she could do it (lays on her stomach for the procedure).  They gave her morphine
first , this time it seem to help she didn't think it was too bad.  Then that afternoon they did another CT Scan to again look for the source of pain.  This time they saw a blockage in the small intestine, Options: all fluids including meds, take Go Lightly (like for a colonoscopy) or lastly surgery!  When the platelets are that low it is really not an option!  I pulled a skin tag off her lip when I got there last week (at her request) I thought she would bleed to death before I could get it to stop!  Ice in a wash cloth.  They think the fluids will cause her to pass the blockage.

Then on Wed. we got the word that the cancer is in check the counts of Accute Myloid Lukeimia went from 35% to 3-4%!  yea!!  Now the focus is on getting her well enough to come home and continue treatment here!  While she is having to receive blood and platelets every day she will not leave the hospital.  So Pray specifically that she can start to grow her own WBC RBC and Platelets and that the CRP continue to diminish.

Psalms 6: 2  Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing; heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled.  (My whole body is in pain and needs your healing touch)

Psalms 30:2  O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.

Praise God, we have a loving father who hears our cries and he is in control of our very being!  I am trusting in his will for Barb, and that we all are praying more and trusting and we all have our eyes on Him as he wants us to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment