Tuesday, March 19, 2013

God's Protection in the night!!!

John 15:11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be full.

I can't began to tell you the ride we have been on!  Seeing God answer our prayers every step of the way has been awesome!

I returned on Wednesday (March 6) to replace Darcy.  Clay was staying till things made a change good or bad!  Things were very bad.  Clay and I had talked about calling the kids and let them know how bad it was.  The neurologist add ruled out stroke, and with the spinal tap had ruled out infection and fungus on the brain.  The wanted another spinal tap to look to see if the cancer had spread to her brain.  This was our greatest fear!   I suggested Clay go to the hotel and try to rest about 9 pm.  During the day the neurologist had started an anti-seizure med on Barb.  At 10 oclock Barb woke up (just as JJ had prayed) she wanted a drink  (she had not drank much for days) I ask if she'd like to brush her teeth she said yes and I washed her face, then I ask if she'd like to talk to Clay, she ask where he was and then I called him.  She said "Hey Babe" and they talked a short time.  I called KK but Clay had called her too, so happy to talk to Barb.  KK called and ask to talk to her mom. We were all rejoicing!.  At 11 the resident neurologist came in and told me they had found the reason Barb was not responding, she was having silent seizures.  They said the 1st spinal tap didn't show cancer  (2nd spinal tap on the 12 th still did not show cancer on the brain!) and that he wanted to give her Adivan and Dilantin to stop the seizures.  I knew Adivan was on her do not take list.  I told him not to give it, then he told me her brain would just fry from the constant firing!  I said give it to her. (what difference would it make if she was confused and hallucinating if her brain was gone!)  She cleared up in an instant! but  as everyone except the nurse left, things changed!  It was the scariest night of my life!

I had prayed over her earlier that day asking God so send his ministering angels to her and hover over her and protect her through the night.  And did HE ever!  After answering the Doctors questions, I went to write on the blog, only got a couple of thoughts written when she coughed.  I got a wash cloth and went to let her wash her mouth out.  Her eyes rolled back her, head went up and back and I called the nurse over, she said get the Dr. she hit the code blue button and things happened fast!  I paced in the hall, got on my Knees! and then called Clay.  After an hour Barb was stabilized  we were sent to ICU for the rest of the night.  At 2 am I went to the motel to sleep 4 hours and return to insist Clay go get some sleep!  We were out of the woods!  We had to move out of  722 (room) as soon as we got her to ICU!  The 7th floor is the floor for Myeloma Patients and has only nurses who have dealt with Myeloma / Leukemia treatments.  We were put on the 9th floor when we returned.  But we had great nurses there too just not immediately.  The 7 th floor limits the nurses to 3 maybe 4 patients, where the 9th had 5 - 6 .

When Barb and I spoke in the morning of the 7th the first thing she said was "I died"  I told her no she was ok, she ask if she was going to be OK.  I then read from Jesus is Calling which directed us to Ps. 63:6 & 7 "When I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy."  Barb said that is where I was - - - In the shadow of His wings"  How Good is God to show us His Power and Love at the same time!!!

Romans 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, So that by the Power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment