Monday, March 4, 2013

Need Prayer!!!!

When I arrived Saturday I noticed Barb wasn't talking much, which is abnormal for those of you who know her!  However it could be that way between us!  As I spent more alone time with her I noticed she wasn't responding to me in more than a word or two.  I had to give her instructions on how to do everyday functions.  Getting into the bed was step by step instructions.  I got very concerned as the day wore on.  I talked to the nurse around 5 and she came in to observe, she was also concerned.  Things got to hopping.

We had a nasal endoscopy done! ouch!!! don't want one of those!  They are were looking for a fungus sinusitis but did not find it.  She does have acute sinusitis which they said they would do sinus rinses but so far nothing has been done because of other test!

We had an MRI at 12:30 am looking at her brain, sinus, chest and stomach.  I guess it is more of a base line and they will do another one in a day or so.

We slept very little and this morning things were not better as I had hoped (prayed)  A neurologist came in and ask a lot of questions that Barb really could not answer.  She could not even tell him my name, she knew I was her sister but not my name.  Later today she ask (out of the blue) "Is Donald going to come back today?"

Then about an hour later 2 girls came in to do a EEG, and 3 Neurologist came back in to see for them selves what was going on?  They had seen lesions in the back of her brain, and they did not look like having a stroke but the results is similar.  They are unsure what is going on with her but will continue to look at things.  They ordered a Spinal Tap for tomorrow morning.  She will need probably 2 bags of platelets as the count will be above 50 for a few hours.

Her counts are rising!  her WBC was at 2.45 today, that is a 1.43 increase from yesterday, so normally this would be a good thing.  I had hoped and expected to bring her home on Friday the 8th!

So I ask now for prayers that God will move this cloud of confusion.  That He will hear our cries for healing so that we could still bring her home on the mend!

2 Samuel 22:7  "In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I called.  From his temple he heard           my voice, and my cry came to his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment